Positive Psychology: Theory, Research and Applicationsebook ISBN 033526218X
The second edition of Positive Psychology features ground-breaking evidence and thinking on the topics of happiness, flow, optimism, motivation and more. Discover how to increase happiness levels, what obstacles to flourishing affect our day-to-day lives and how to apply positive psychology to diverse professional disciplines. The authors map the key positive psychology interventions available and discuss their merits with an emphasis on practice and evaluation.
Ilona Boniwell and Aneta Tunariu skilfully combine a breadth of information about positive psychology with reflective questions, critical commentary and up-to-date research. Written in a witty, engaging and contemporary manner, this new edition includes:
* Chapter summaries to help you check your understanding and speed up your revision
* Experiments boxes to highlight research methodologies and contextualize the latest psychological findings
* Personal development exercises to enhance your skills in wellbeing
* Review questions to test your knowledge
* Suggested resources to make your study time more efficient
* Time out boxes to highlight key concepts and thinkers
* Think about it boxes to develop your critical thinking skills
* Measurement tools to introduce you to current thinking and debates
* Mock essay questions to help you practise for your exam
* Further reflection topics to delve deeper
* Links to media materials within as well as beyond the typical academic literature
* End of chapter quizzes to help you check your understanding
Positive Psychology is essential reading for students taking modules in positive psychology and wellbeing; will be of interest to students of applied, coaching and sports psychology; and can help develop practising psychologists, coaches, counsellors and researchers interested in this burgeoning field of mental wellbeing and human happiness.
"A highly recommended resource for teaching and studying positive psychology. Up-to-date, incorporating both the history and the latest developments in this field. Very clearly laid out, with key topics and concepts explained well along with practical learning activities for the use in classroom and/or for students' individual learning."
Vanessa King, MAPP (UPenn), Board Member Action for Happiness